Teach your students the foundational skills of Personal Narrative Writing and Opinion Writing using the Step up to Writing Method with this Interactive Notebook BUNDLE from The Resourceful Teacher.
This product is intended to enhance your existing Step up to Writing tools and curriculum, not to replace it.
Interactive Notebook Pages Include:
- Elements of Personal Narrative Writing
- Step up to Writing Format
- Transition and Conclusion Words
- Step up to Writing Planning Chart
- Characters and Setting
- 5 Stages of Writing
- Revising and Proofreading Checklists
- Opinions Vs. Reasons
- Giving Supporting Reasons
- Elements of Step up to Writing in Opinion / Persuasive Writing
- Writing to Persuade using the OREO method
Now with Activities and Practice Pages:
Have your students practice the skills they learned with the interactive notebook pages by completing the activities and practice pages.
- The students will be able to define personal narrative.
- The students will be able to analyze elements of personal narrative writing, such as characters, setting, and plot.
- The students will be able to analyze the Step up to Writing method in personal narrative writing.
- The students will be able to categorize Step up to Writing Transition words in personal narrative writing.
- The students will be able to analyze elements of personal narrative writing, such as beginning, middle, and end.
- The students will be able to recognize and recall the 5 stages of the writing process: Plan, Draft, Revise, Proofread, and Publish.
- The students will be able to differentiate between opinions and reasons.
- The students will be able to categorize sentences as opinions or reasons.
- The students will be able to match reasons that support opinions.
- The students will be able to generate reasons to support opinions.
- The students will be able to generate opinions for given reasons.
- The students will be able to analyze an opinion paragraph
- The students will be able to identify the topic, supporting details, explanations, and conclusion of an opinion paragraph.
- The students will be able to write opinions.
- The students will be able to give reasons to support opinions.
- The students will be able to explain reasons.
- The students will be able to write conclusions for persuasive writing.
Also includes teacher pages and answer keys!
The unit is written for 3rd grade but could easily be adapted for grades 2-4
Can also be used for reteaching / reengaging and extra practice.
Download the preview to check it out!
Want the Personal Narrative Interactive Notebook Pages only?
- Click Here!
Want the Opinion / Persuasive Interactive Notebook Pages only?
- Click Here!
DON'T MISS THESE FREEBIES!
- Context Clues Anchor Chart
- Context Clues Graphic Organizer
- Speeding Tickets
- Using Commas Center
- Sentence Types Interactive Notebook
- Teacher Binder Calendars
OTHER GREAT PRODUCTS:
- Behavior Documentation Forms for Teacher Binder
- Bridal Shower Activities for Students
- Classroom Jobs Lanyard Tags
- Facebook Page Worksheet - Back to School
- Fully Editable Teacher Binder with Updates - Polka Dots and Chevron Theme
- Physical and Chemical Weathering Demonstration and Science Experiment
- Reading Rubrics / Reading Evaluations Bundle
- Science Units Bundle - Examining Cells, Classifying Fingerprints, Sound, and more!
- Spelling Test Paper (25 words)
- Step up to Writing ELA Bundle
- Step up to Writing Resources
- Step up to Writing - Writing a Personal Narrative - ELA Bundle
- Student Observation Checklist 1 - Teacher or Administrator
- Tale of Despereaux Unit - ELA Reading Comprehension , Vocab, and more!
ALL NEW PRODUCTS DEBUT AT 20% OFF FOR MY FOLLOWERS!
Look for and click the ★ GREEN STAR ★
next to my store logo at the top right corner of this page to become a follower. This will allow you to be notified each time I debut a new product or FREEBIE!
If you would like to get updates on new and current resources...
- Follow me on FACEBOOK
- Tweet me on TWITTER
- Collaborate with me on PINTEREST
Have you ever thought of selling your own products on Teachers Pay Teachers?
to sign-up and start making money!
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
English Language Arts, Grammar, Writing, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Worksheets, Lesson Plans, Student Activities, Notebook Sentences, Lesson Plans, Worksheets, Interactive Notebook, Compound Subjects, declarative Sentences, Interrogative Sentences, Imperative Sentences, Exclamatory Sentences, Sentence Subjects, Sentence Predicates, Fact vs. Opinion Sentences