Follow these steps to live a happy and stress-free life with your dog.
● Recognize your disease and the need to get an emotional support dog.
● Contact a mental health professional.
● Demonstrate your need and how an emotional support dog will help you.
● Get your ESA letter from your therapist.
The best thing about having an ESA dog is your canine partner will help you reduce your emotional or mental symptoms. This is the reason that an emotional support dog can really help and improve your life by keeping you happy and active.
You will know you are coming home to your companion. Playing with your dog and petting him will relieve your mental stress by giving you the confidence to live a productive life.
· What is an emotional support animal letter?
· How to qualify for an emotional support animal (ESA)?
· What are the laws for your emotional support dog?
· Is your emotional support dog different from a therapy dog?
An ESA letter is a prescription that makes you eligible to get an ESA for yourself. Just like not everyone can have an ESA dog, similarly, not every medical doctor can provide you with an ESA letter.
Only mental health professionals are qualified to provide a legitimate ESA letter and qualify you for an emotional support dog.