For students who benefit from graphic organizers, checklists, and direct instruction on writing skills when putting information into their own words. This tool includes:
• A graphic organizer for key words and ideas in a document or quotation
• A graphic organizer to organize the clauses or thoughts and ideas in a sentence
• Directions to guide students in writing their own sentence.
• A how-to handout listing four steps to a “perfect paraphrase”
• A checklist for students to help them reflect on their work.
For students who copy and paste because they struggle so much with putting things in their own words.
This product has worked well for English Language Arts teachers, SLPs providing in-class support, and Special Education Teachers.