Stick and Stone by Beth Ferry is the focus of this no-prep printable literature unit for Kinder, 1st, and 2nd grade. There are opportunities for discussions about bullying, as well as perseverance and friendship. I tried to include activities that will reach Kindergarten students up to 2nd grade (most appropriate for the first half of 2nd grade).
In the packet, you will find the following activities:
-Discussion Questions in a list (2 pages)
-Discussion Questions on 13 task cards (4 task cards per page)
-St blends (one page + one page answer key)
-Rhyming words (real or nonsense words)
-Sequencing (one page + one page answer key)
-First, next, then, last writing activity
-Characters, Setting page
-Two different writing prompts (two pages per prompt)
-Retelling Sticks Activity (cut, paste on popsicle sticks/tongue depressors - students retell story with pictures glued on sticks)
-Who, What, When, Where, Why writing activity
-Bullying- What can students do to help others who are being bullied?
-Proper nouns and common nouns
Please check the preview prior to purchasing so that you can assess the appropriateness of the activities in your class.
You may want to check out my other literature units as well!
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
MY TPT STORE
Kirsten has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.