You provide the stickers, the pencil, the coloring tools, and the writing sheet. Your budding authors will take care of the rest.
How to introduce sticker story writing:
1. You give student authors a selection (typically thematically appropriate) of stickers from which to choose, and tell them how many stickers they are allowed to use per story.
2. Authors make their sticker selections and place their stickers wherever they want within the illustration portion of the writing sheet.
3. Authors draw a picture around their stickers.
4. Authors write a story about their stickers and illustrations in the lines below.
Ideas to get you started:
1. During back-to-school time, offer sticker choices that relate to school: school supplies, children wearing backpacks, school buses, and school houses.
2. During the fall, provide sticker choices that relate to Halloween, Thanksgiving, pumpkins, apples, and leaves.
3. As fall turns into winter, offer snowflake stickers, gingerbread man stickers, and winter holiday stickers.
Soon you will be on a roll!
One more tip:
Textured stickers, scented stickers, and sparkly stickers may be an extra incentive for reluctant writers.
P.S. I value constructive feedback and new followers!