An inference lesson, 28 inference passages with answer keys, and directions on how to implement. Each passage has four sections that you can cover up with sticky notes to change the difficulty.
BENEFITS OF THIS ACTIVITY:
1. The passages are scaffolded so that you can adjust each passage to the individual student.
2. Groups can work on the same activity at their own pace – some students may not more clues than others.
3. Students can make inferences at multiple points throughout the story. This is crucial as so many students will make an inference early on, stick to it, and they don’t re-evaluate to see if they made a good guess. This activity forces students to slow down, re-evaluate, and question themselves.
4. The SLP can easily track how many sticky notes the student needed before he/she made an accurate guess. It’s a great way to track progress!
5. It’s fun! Students love ripping off sticky notes to see what comes next.