This sticky note text-dependent question stems pack has over 100 pages of question stems to help get your students back into the text. There are standards checklists, pre-typed questions on two different sticky note sizes, and editable pages for you to type your own questions.
All you need to do is print out the page of questions you want to use, add sticky notes over the top of each box, and run that page through the copy machine.
Included In This Download:
- standards checklist with corresponding questions
- sticky note questions on large sticky notes (3x3 inch)
- sticky note questions on small sticky notes (1.5x2 inch)
- editable templates to create your own questions
How to Use These Sticky Notes
- Decide which questions/pages you want to print. PRINT 2 COPIES OF THOSE PAGES. You will use one to place the sticky notes on and one to use as your copy template.
- Place blank sticky notes on each box.
- Place templates WITH sticky notes back into the printer/copier. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU PUT THE PAGE INTO THE TRAY THE RIGHT WAY, WITH THE STICKY SIDE GOING IN FIRST. IF YOU DON’T DO THIS, YOU WILL CAUSE A PAPER JAM.
- Print/make a copy of the page one more time. The questions will now appear on each sticky note.
How to Use Text-Dependent Question Stems
- Read the text you have planned for your students.
- Decide which questions you want to use with your students.
- Print them out on the large or small sticky note templates.
- Put them in the correct place inside the book BEFORE you read it with your students to help you remember where to stop.
- When you get to a question, have your students answer the question using the text as a basis for their answers.
When to Use Text-Dependent Question Stems
TDQs can be used in a variety of ways.
They can be used:
- during guided reading groups
- during interactive read alouds
- during whole-class instruction
All Create-abilities resources are designed with ease-of-use in mind. Don’t have a color printer? No problem. Pages that do not render well in black-and-white have black-and-white copies included. Be classroom-ready with a quick print.
Check out my preview for a closer look at this product!
Feedback is greatly appreciated!!
★★★★You Might Also Like★★★★
● Accountable Talk Posters, Flip Cards, and Bookmarks
●Reading Comprehension PowerPoints EDITABLE
● Guided Reading Lesson Plans A-Z