Print-Stick-Teach! Make every instructional minute count. Intentional interactive read aloud lesson plans on printed sticky notes all done for you. You simply print, stick, and teach!
The purpose of an intentional interactive read aloud is to review and apply comprehension skills and strategies, to enhance language and vocabulary development, to provide opportunities and structure for collaborative conversations, to develop listening comprehension, and to build content knowledge in a highly motivating context while maximizing instructional time.
We took all of these read aloud lesson components and created a one-page lesson overview and a sticky note lesson plan template. You simply put your sticky notes on the template and print. Every single component is there (comprehension mini lessons, vocabulary with kid-friendly explanations, stopping points and text-dependent questions, and much more). Place the sticky notes in the read aloud book, and you are ready to go! It's comprehensive enough to leave for a substitute without any further instructions.
* Six complete intentional interactive read aloud lessons plans that include lesson overviews, sticky-note templates and lesson notes, optional extension activities, and graphic organizers for each story. You will need the following books:
* First Day Jitters by Julie Dannenberg
* Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes
* Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon by Patty Lovell
* The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
* The Recess Queen by Alexis O'Neill and Laura Huliska-Beith
* A Tiger Tail by Mike Boldt
* Complete instructions for printing on sticky notes
* The "why" and "how to" behind each lesson plan component
* A link to a video of us modeling and explaining the entire process from printing to teaching
Comprehension skills and strategies covered:
* Main Idea and Details
* Story Structure
* Illustrations Tell a Story
Make sure to download our preview for a free lesson!
Click on the green star at the top of our store page to follow us! We will be adding additional sticky story book sets and individual titles.
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Linda Ekstrom and Michelle Woods