Everything you need to create an investing unit in your classroom! From a suggested timeline of activities, to forms and templates needed to organize and track student investment team stocks in two rounds (phases):
Learners will form Investment Companies that research growing companies to invest $25,000 for purchase.
• Investment Companies will be comprised of 2-3 person teams
• Investment Companies will divide $25,000 between team members to purchase up to $25,000 in at least 10 different company shares – approximately 5 investments per team member
• Investment Companies will maintain a checkbook record of expenses and bonuses
• Investment Companies can calculate broker commission on purchase and selling of shares (optional)
• Investment Companies can earn bonuses on accuracy of data collection and reporting (optional)
• Investment Companies will monitor and track shares for 10 weeks
• Investment Companies will create graphs and presentations reporting their investment profits/losses; team members will make recommendations on shares not performing to sell
Learners will assess financial status of investments purchases and make changes to their portfolio.
• Investment Companies will assess share purchases and their performance and select 4 of their 10 investments to sell (or up to 2 per team member, at least keeping half of original investments)
• Investment Companies will reinvest money from shares sales, plus any bonuses earned, on new investments
• Investment Companies will monitor and track shares for 20 weeks (can check weekly, or every two weeks)
• Investment Companies will report final investment performance in presentations; team members will analyze decision-making in share sales and reinvestment