Stock Market Contest is also available in the following packages at a discount:
1) Middle School Math Lessons, Projects, and Games eBook (42 engaging math activities - 438 pages) ($87.00)
2) Money Math Activities eBook for Middle School Math (4 lessons/ projects) ($17.00)
Check out these discounted eBooks of engaging, hands-on lessons and projects on TPT.
Lesson Description: The Stock Market Contest is designed to teach students the basics of investing in the stock market. Students read two pages of basic background knowledge, choose two companies to invest in, track and graph their stocks using the worksheets provided, and reflect upon the learning that has taken place during the year. The project is designed to be used at the beginning, middle, and end of the school year. Promote this fun and educational contest with your students and award prizes to the top investors.
Math Content: Percents, Decimals, Line Graphs
Time Required: 1-2 hours spent in class and at home throughout the year
Stock Market Project Includes:
* 2 Stock Market Basics sheets
* 1 Stock Market Ticker Symbols sheet and 1 Answer Key
* 1 Stock Market Company Spotlight and 1 Sample Company Spotlight
* 1 Stock Market Contest Rules sheet
* 2 Stock Picks Recording Sheets
* 2 Stock Performance Line Graphs and 1 Sample Graph
* 1 Portfolio Performance Evaluation sheet
* 3 Stock Market Teacher Tips sheets
* 1 Stock Market Cover Sheet
17 pages in all!!
Materials Needed: None
Suggested Grade Level: 5th - 8th +
The Stock Market Contest teaches students the mechanics of stock market investing and allows them to watch, track, graph, and evaluate their investment choices while reinforcing math concepts. Students enjoy investing in some of their favorite companies and trying to become the "Top Stock Picker".
Enjoy your lesson!!
Mark P. Tully