This lesson focuses on stocks and what they mean. They will calculate shares, prices and capital gain on stocks.
This lesson was taken from the book, Money, Money, Money by Nancy L. Wilkinson. It features a detailed, common core aligned, plan with a short reading passage and hands-on activities.
Learning objectives are:
1) The students will define the nomenclature of stocks in their own words.
2) The students will calculate the shares of stocks after splitting.
3) The students will calculate the price of a stock purchased several years ago.
4) The students will calculate the capital gain on a stock.
National standards covered are:
1) Fluently add, subtract, multiply, and divide multi-digit decimals using the standard algorithm for each operation.
2) Use ration and rate reasoning to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
3) Understand the concept of a unit rate a/b associated with a ratio a:b with b≠0.
Please be sure to review this product!
© 2012, Nancy L. Wilkinson