An extremely detailed 12 Week Medium Term Plan
This plan is very detailed but accessible at 15 pages long! You can copy and paste it into your own school's plan template with only a few minor adjustments.
Each lesson contains:
* Key background information (but nothing extraneous)
* A detailed but child friendly PowerPoint presentation for you to read through and discuss with the children
* Key questions to ask after viewing the PowerPoint
* A range of interesting activity options, (where worksheets are an option they have been provided for you).
* A suggested plenary activity or website to visit.
You can literally pick up and teach this with no prior knowledge needed at all - all the information is presented in a child friendly manner suitable for access at KS2. Most documents are made using MS office and as such they are completely editable to suit the needs of your class.
The 12 lessons are (4 each for the Stone Age, Bronze Age and Iron Age):
* An Introduction to the Stone Age
* Food and Farming
* Stone Age Religion
* Stone Age Art
* The Dawn of the Bronze Age
* The Amesbury Archer
* Flag Fen - A Bronze Age Site
* The Uffington White Horse
* The Beginning of the Iron Age
* Iron Age Warfare
* Celtic Jewellery
* The End of Prehistoric Britain.
The 12 PowerPoint Presentations which accompany the lesson plans have been made by me and are not available anywhere else on the net
NB: Other PPs and worksheets which are freely available have also been added as a 'bonus' and purely for your convenience.
Other Resources on the Disc.
* 7 Sheets of puzzles (word searches to reinforce vocabulary and crosswords to reinforce key facts learned)
* A document containing useful links to relevant websites
* A document containing a list of all potential sites to visit across the UK
About me: I am a very experienced KS2 teacher and history enthusiast. I have a masters degree in archaeology. Unlike other resource creators I know what works and what doesn't from personal experience in the classroom. I believe in a creative history curriculum which offers a range of activities such as artistic projects, creative writing and role play. This is reflected in the wide variety of activity options provided.