This Common Core aligned literature unit has everything you need for your Stone Fox novel study. A novel outline has been provided as a suggested pacing guide.
- Week 1: Chapters 1-3
- Week 2: Chapters 4-6
- Week 3: Chpters 7-10
Be sure to click on the "Preview" button above to see everything this comprehensive unit has to offer as you and your students read this wonderful story. This unit includes:
Chapter Comprehension Questions
- 6 to 8 questions per chapter
- answer key
- 3 word lists (one list per week)
- 3 vocabulary activity sheets (Vocabulary focus on identifying: word parts, such as prefixes, suffixes, and root words; synonyms; multiple meanings)
- answer key for activity sheets
- vocabulary cards for word wall
- One per week (3 total)
- 2 options each week: vocabulary & comprehension -OR- comprehension only
- answer key
- 3 figurative language sheets (identifying several examples from each chapter) plus answer key
- genre study graphic organizer
- setting study graphic organizer and questions
- story elements graphic organizer
- end of novel study "Tic-Tac-Toe" activity board
- S.S. connection activity
This novel study is aligned to multiple "Reading:Literature" and "Language" Common Core standards for 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade.
We know you and your students will enjoy this novel study!
Kathleen & Mande'