Stone Soup Book Companion Language Activities for Differentiated Instruction
Do you use books in intervention? No time to make materials for all the books? Use this Stone Soup resource in speech-language therapy or as a part of your literacy program in your special education class. Books build multiple language skills, and this resource offers activities for vocabulary, sequencing, narratives and story elements, phonological awareness.
Stone Soup is a classic old story with a great moral about sharing.
There are lesson plans for 4 sessions, giving them a different purpose to listen each day. Perfect for use in mixed groups or for differentiation.
☀ a picture communication board for non-verbal students to use.
☀ 24 vocabulary cards.
☀ “Make Stone Soup” game with a custom spinner
☀ BINGO™-type vocabulary game cards
☀ a set of picture Dominoes™ for reinforcing vocabulary
☀ a wordless picture book for students to re-tell the story; including sentence strips
☀ shared reading lesson ideas with matching activities for each day
☀ a variety of related language activities to go with the daily purpose for reading; including describing sequencing, retelling
☀ several story element and story sequencing activities.
☀ 2 phonological awareness activity pages; for initial sound and syllable counting activities.
Reading Literature 1.1: Ask and answer questions about key details in a text
Reading Literature 1.2: Retell stories including key details, and demonstrate understanding of the central message
Reading Literature 1.3: Describe characters, settings, major events in a story with key details.
Reading Literature 1.4: Identify words and phrases in stories and poems that relay feelings or senses
Reading Literature 1.6: Identify who is telling the story (at different points in the story if it changes)
Reading Literature 1.7: Use illustrations and story details to describe characters, settings, events
- A perfect resource for a Stone Soup unit of study; lends well to vocabulary development.
- Another great product, thank you!
- Great product for differentiated instruction. Love the clarity.
• Language Activities for Bill and Pete Adapted for Special Ed Speech Therapy
• Language Activities for Happy Valentines Day Mouse for Speech Language
• Language Activities for How I Spent My Summer Vacation for differentiation
• Language Activities for How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World
• Language Activities for I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie
• Language Activities for Max and Mo Lets Make a Snowman
• Language Fun with The Snowy Day Autism Differentiated Instruction
• Language Fun with the book There Was an Odd Princess Who Swallowed a Pea
• Language Materials The Tiny Seed modified for speech therapy special education
• Language Skill Building with Hibernation Station for Speech Language Therapy
• Life in Colonial Times adapted informational text for differentiation
• Stellaluna Language with Storybooks with interactive notebook activities
• Strega Nona Materials for Language Skills Practice
• The Gingerbread Man Receptive Expressive Language for Speech Therapy
• The Rough Faced Girl language skills resources speech therapy or differentiation