Roll Read and Graph - Vocabulary Dice Game – Rock Unit – Stone Soup Edition
This Roll Read & Graph game is based on Stone Soup by Jon Muth (available on Barnes and Nobles website). It’s part of my Earth/Rock Cycle unit, but it works well in a Tall Tales, Folk Tales, Thanksgiving and character unit too. Both the Harcourt Storytown series and Macmillan/McGraw-Hill Treasures series include this story in their 3rd grade book. I’ve made a double set of materials to match both curriculum.
“Can we play again?”
Students love this dice game that reinforces vocabulary, graphing, and number sense. Every time it’s played the answers could be different – so these games are great for review too. Keep a bucket of them ready for early finishers!
Each Roll Read and Graph set comes with the following:
• 3 premade versions of the dice (pictures, vocabulary or definitions)
• Blank die for your own variations
• 3 full-page size graphs (vocabulary, definition or blank)
• 2 full-page size math response pages
• 2 half-page size graphs (vocabulary and definitions)
• 2 variations of half-page sized math response
• Class suggestions and differentiation for special needs
• Over 20 higher order thinking questions with Common Core Math Procedural standards
• Directions and sample graph
• Answer key (for student or teacher reference)
• Bonus – extra set of dice, large graph and answer key for Storytown/Treasures
This edition of Roll Read and Graph includes these vocabulary words:
5. generous (storytown)
6. famine (storytown)
7. untrusting (treasures)
8. guests (treasures)
The pictures on the dice are the same pictures used in the matching test; vocabulary posters; matching game and word wall.
Time – 30-60 minutes w/student made dice; 10 minute review w/premade dice
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations by Kim Shelley!
Please visit my store for more Stone Soup activities
Stone Soup Vocabulary Posters and Word Wall
Stone Soup Integrated Vocabulary PPT
Stone Soup Matching Game and Quiz
Stone Soup Roll Read and Graph 2 Versions
Stone Soup Vocabulary Bundle
Please visit my store for more ROCK unit activities!
• Let’s Go Rock Collecting - Vocabulary Game and Matching Quiz
• Rock Cycle Dictionary Game
Please feel free to send me questions and suggestions at email@example.com