PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Note: This program has moved into the Digistars® Portal where it is accessible 24/7, along with our other digital storytelling (moviemaking) programs for kids and teacher training resources. TeachersPayTeachers members can take 40% off any Digistars course using promo code: TpT40ref
Engage more students!
Enrich the learning environment!
Enhance knowledge acquisition through moviemaking programs!
Enlighten through compelling enrichment opportunities!
Digital storytelling is the perfect vehicle for integrating art and technology into the academic environment in a meaningful way that excites students and deepens learning. Bring your school into the 21st century with technology in the classroom, or boost your income by offering enriching programs as electives, after-school sessions, or camps!
IN THE CLASSROOM:
Digistars® Stop Motion Animation program provides a college-level Production 101 class experience to younger students and enables teachers to provide real-life technological and communication skills that will serve students throughout their academic career and beyond.
INCLUDED IN THIS DOWNLOAD:
1. One professionally-designed Instructor's Guide to lead the class through discussion Topics and associated Activities that build on each other to result in a final movie product.
2. Seven integrated Instructional Videos that deliver and reinforce concepts and are hosted by a student peer.
3. Thirty-nine student-made videos to watch, review, learn-from, and critique throughout the course.
4. Handouts and Worksheets for pre-production activities.
It's everything you need to lead a class in digital storytelling in one bundle!
1. Do I Need To Know Filmmaking To Implement This?
Absolutely not! In fact, our easy-to-follow short video modules walk you and your students through all the steps for professional digital storytelling. Learn-as-you-go and implement an exciting new educational experience into your classroom tomorrow!
2. Do I Need To Be a Tech, Art or Drama Teacher To Use These Programs?
Not at all! The production process can overlay any academic subject and enrich your learning environment. For example, study Ancient Egyptian history with 5th graders using digital storytelling to engage your students in a deeper level of knowledge acquisition.
3. Can I Bring This Into An Individual Classroom or Do These Programs Need To Be Adopted at the School or District Level?
You may use it in an individual classroom, in an after-school program, at a summer camp, in a youth club or rec center, for homeschooling... You may use this purchase however you'd like!
4. Will I Need to Invest In New Technology or Other Equipment?
Probably not! Most schools already have iPads, Chromebooks, smart phones, or other computers that can be used without expensive new software or other upgrades.
5. What If I Want To Use These Programs Outside The Classroom in An After School Program or Similar?
No problem! These programs work as well for edu-tainment or pure entertainment as they do for instruction.
6. How Quickly Can I Get Started and Enhance The Learning Environment in My Classroom?
Access to the Digistars Digital Storytelling program portal is open! Go here to see all of our digital storytelling programs and teacher training resources!
Not only Stop Motion Animation, but also Documentary Filmmaking and Live Action Filmmaking using Green Screen Technology as well as the companion teacher training resources are now in the portal!
Concerned about teaching unfamiliar content or technology? We've got your back with online training courses for teachers to enable you to confidently deliver a magical moviemaking experience to your students.
Please leave a review here so that other teachers can find out about this awesome program and bring it into their schools!