The Journey: Stories of Migration Language Arts BUNDLE
Please see the preview for highlights from this bundle that supports Journeys Grade 3, Unit 5, Lesson 22 story.
This nonfiction book follows the incredible migration stories of six animals. The first two animals are found in the Harcourt Journeys 3rd grade text book, and the rest can be heard in this recording on Youtube
. This BUNDLE has word wall supports for all 6 animals, but otherwise focuses on the Grade 3, Unit 5, Lesson 22 story in the Journeys text book.
Writing about Stories of Migration
• Compare and Contrast Whale and Locust migration
• Compare and Contrast – Migration and Hibernation
• Sequence migration facts using transition words
• Main Idea and Details
• Differentiated essay comparing grasshoppers with/without rainy year
• Differentiated essay explaining why whales migrate
Vocabulary Foldables Included
1. All 10 words on one page
2. 5 words on a page (2 pages) – Printed half size, these work very well in interactive journals
3. Vocabulary questions for optional 2-sided foldable
4. Blank version
5. Discussion questions for optional printing on inside of foldable
Journey’s Vocabulary included in word wall, foldables, and quiz:
Eel - extended word wall:
Butterfly – extended word wall:
Caribou – extended word wall
Arctic Tern – extended word wall
1. Matching vocabulary quiz – with and without glossary page number required
2. Short Answer - This page expands on the multiple choice comprehension test provided by Journeys. The addition of text evidence and open questions increases rigor.
Animal Migration Inspirational Quote Writing Prompts and Graphic Organizers
Do you want to teach three subjects at once? Our science time is extended into writing and character education when we discuss quotes, idioms and sayings. These two prompts focus on the growth mindset of “Perseverance” (and silver lining) and “Curiosity” (and moving forward).
• Walt Disney quote, “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
• Inspiration: Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over it became a butterfly.
Each prompt includes:
1. Grayscale poster
2. Full Color Poster
3. Print friendly version (perfect for reduced sized in Interactive Note Books)
4. Prewrite graphic organizer
5. Organizer with writing space
6. Quote with writing space
Stories of Migration - Roll Read and Graph set comes with the following:
• 2 premade versions of the dice (vocabulary or definitions)
• Blank die for your own variations
• 3 full-page size graphs (vocabulary, definition or blank) Hint: Print two to a page to save paper.
• Class suggestions and differentiation for special needs
• Over 20 higher order thinking questions with Common Core Math Procedural standards
• Directions and sample graph
• Answer key (for student or teacher reference)
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
The Journey: Stories of Migration by Cynthian Rylant BUNDLE
• Stories of Migration Vocabulary Foldables, Matching Quizzes, and Word Wall
• Stories of Migration Quizzes
• Stories of Migration Roll Read Graph Word Work
• Stories of Migration Writing
• Animal Migration QUOTES
Many thanks to these creative talents:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mad-Clips-Factory http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-Super-Power http://www.talesfromoutsidetheclassroom.com/ (Tessa McGuire)
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Krista-Wallden (creative clips)
http://frompond.blogspot.com/; http://www.raggedyscrappin.com/ http://openclipart.org/
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.