Also included in
- I designed these simple stories to work on beginning story comprehension with young students or students with speech and language delays. The stories are repetitive and were written to help cue the student to the right answer with the repeated vocabulary. All of the stories contain easily recognizab$11.50$12.00Save $0.50
I designed these simple stories to work on beginning story comprehension with young students or students with speech and language delays. The stories are repetitive and were written to help cue the student to the right answer with the repeated vocabulary. All of the stories contain easily recognizable themes and are also great for working on WH questions. This activity will help build story comprehension skills in a simplified, structured way. These stories are 5-6 sentences with a repetitive subject (you will notice that the subject of the story is repeated purposely).
This pack includes 10 unique, short, and simple stories!
Each story has four questions in a picture multiple-choice format with reinforcement when they select the correct answer. At the end of the story there is an optional prompt for the student to retell the story to you!
There are also optional audio recordings (click the speaker icon), however, I recommend reading and interacting with the student over using the pre-recorded audio. Please note: this is my voice (not professional recordings!).
These stories came from my product Story Comprehension for AAC users. I adapted the level 3 stories from that pack to make this interactive Boom card activity. The AAC pack comes with 3 levels of stories (sold separately). Click here to view it
Before you purchase this you understand the following:
- This is not a printable resource, it was designed to use in the Boom Card Program
- To use Boom Cards, you must open at least a FREE Boom Learning account. Free accounts include the ability to generate student progress reports for 5 students and to make up to five decks. Free accounts also allow you to assign Boom Cards to unlimited students (without progress reports) using the Fast Play option available in the Library.
You will need:
- A computer, laptop, tablet, or Chromebook
- An internet browser that is less than 3 years old (OR the free BOOM app)
- A Boom Learning account (FREE!)
- An internet connection that students can use on a computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard to access the games
How to access your purchase:
After you make the purchase, you will download a PDF with instructions and a link. You’ll click the link to add the book to your Boom library (if you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to set up a free one when you click the link).
What does this purchase allow?
One license allows you (one SLP/Teacher/Educator) to use the games with all of your students. You must purchase an additional license to share it with a co-worker. This PDF must NOT be shared in any way.