This bundle contains 3 different and engaging resources you can use to teach or supplement your classroom study of story elements: plot, setting, theme, character, and conflict.
These resources can be used with any fictional pieces and help to deepen your students’ comprehension of fictional works. The activities complement each other, making them perfect for whole group discussions, guided reading activities, reading centers, paired activities, or individual activities.
This bundle contains:
• Story Elements Question Fans
- This resource contains over 80 different open-ended questions about story elements for you to use during whole group discussions, guided reading activities, small group activities, or in reading response journals.
• Story Elements Concept Posters
- This resource contains 8 different concept posters for story elements that can be used a a teaching tool for story elements, or as an assessment for learning (as a diagnostic activity to see what knowledge your students are bringing to a concept), assessment as learning (as a formative assessment during a unit or as a review before the end of a unit), or as assessment of learning (as a summative task at the end of a unit).
• Story Elements Cootie Catchers
- This resource contains 10 different cootie catchers for studying story elements: 3 for plot, 2 for setting, 2 for character, and 1 of each for theme, conflict, and point of view. These fun activities can be used for language centers, guided reading, or group or paired activity after independent reading.