'' by Kate Duke is the perfect book for teaching students how to build stories and what story elements are needed. This book walks students through the process of creating each story element and building upon them. Absolutely guaranteed story element fun; the book shows a step-by-step process of story telling!
This resources addresses:
- Close reading,
- Answering questions,
- Recreating a chosen part of the story with drawing and writing ,
- Writing a book report,
- Adding modifiers to the setting and character nouns in the book, and
- Creating sentences and stories of their own.
All included in CCSS, K to 3rd
You will find:
- Vocabulary cards, opposite and definition activities, and vocabulary comprehension activities
- Describing, comparing, contrasting characters/animals in the story (There is a page that asks students to infer from the story factual information about bats and moles.)
- Character and setting maps
- A variety of sequencing activities with pictures or with text; use them all or use whichever ones match your students’ skills and abilities best
- Sequencing, re-telling, reporting and talking/writing about the story (including a book report opinion form.)
- Using a variety of story frames and structures to reinforce the information
- Games and puzzles
- Working with words activity
- Generic reading communication board for students who need it
Unlock the secret of good storytelling with this book and the resources I've provided!