Story Elements Passages, Worksheets, and Graphic Organizers
What educators are saying
Also included in
- There are a lot of different reading strategies you can teach your students to help them understand plot and story events. This reading bundle includes six reading resources that will help your students learn how understand plot structure and story events in fictional stories. *Click on each resourcPrice $21.00Original Price $26.75Save $5.75
In an ideal world, students would always get to “practice reading” with self-selected independent reading texts. But, we all know that ideal isn’t always possible, and in some instances, we need to assign students specific passages and comprehension questions to help them practice the reading skills you're teaching.
If your students are focusing on understanding plot and key story events, these reading passages and comprehension questions can help!
10 Reading Passages each with a graphic organizer and comprehension questions. Each passage is short, yet engaging, and students will follow the same four-step process when reading each text.
- Step 1: Read the Passage
- Step 2: Think About the Passage
- Step 3: Organize Your Thinking
- Step 4: Respond to the Text
The goal with these texts is to give students an authentic reading experience where they have the time and space to critically think about the text and apply key reading skills.
How could I use this resource?
- Small Group Instruction
- Independent Practice
- Morning Work
- Spiral Review
- Test Prep
- Partner Practice
Table of Contents/Specific Text Focus
- Story #1 - To Sing or To Code? (Problem and Solution)
- Story #2 - Hermit and Dermott Share a Shell (Story Elements)
- Story #3 - The Hardest Part of Saying Goodbye (Flashback)
- Story #4 - The Comfort of the Stars (Internal Conflict)
- Story #5 - A Magic Stick (Story Mountain)
- Story #6 - Ruby Red Candy (Foreshadowing)
- Story #7 - Flying Kite (Elements of Plot)
- Story #8 - Traveling To Mouseland (Cliffhanger)
- Story #9 - School Stuffie Day (Problem and Solution)
- Story #10 - First Lake Vacation (Implied Solution)
**The resource is also included in The Stellar Teacher Reading Membership.**
*Please note, there is no answer key included. Digital option is included.
Copyright © The Stellar Teacher Co. LLC
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.