Using fairy tales is a great way to teach story elements and Hansel and Gretel is a story all kids know and love!
Begin with the included reading of Hansel and Gretel. Then review each story element with the fun worksheets provided. Creative writing activities can be used for enrichment. Finally, display the posters in your room as a reference.
The 6 Posters include - Title (Story Elements), Characters, Setting, Plot, Problem and Solution
• The Story of Hansel and Gretel
• Character Traits
• Character Traits Evidence
• Setting (illustration)
• Story Elements Graphic Organizer
• Plot Graphic Organizer (write the important events)
• Creative Writing: Write a Letter
• Creative Writing: Alternate Ending
• Creative Writing: Newspaper Article
• Extra lined paper for creative writing activities