Also included in
- Printable and digital reading centers! Reading centers are the perfect way to have your students practice reading skills in isolation of novels and independent reading.Note: All of the puzzles now include digital versions! See pages 3-4 of each PDF for details and links to access the digital reading$24.00$36.00Save $12.00
- This is a heavily discounted MEGA bundle of all of the reading centers and games for 4th and 5th grade that I have available in my TeachersPayTeachers store. Here are the bundles included in this MEGA bundle (click on each resource to read more about the centers included):Fiction Reading Comprehensi$116.00$232.00Save $116.00
Puzzles are not just for primary grades or math. These story element puzzles will not only allow your students to practice 4th/5th grade level story element skills, but they will also be engaged with the format.
Note: This story elements activity now includes DIGITAL reading puzzles as well as printable ones. See pages 3-4 of the PDF for the details and links.
This reading center resource includes 20 story element puzzles to practice identifying story elements from descriptions.
The story element included in this resource are characters, settings, problems, and solutions.
Three different direction versions are included to help you best use this resource for your students.
Version 1: The students will read each text and match the puzzle piece that matches the story element being described.
Version 2: The students will read the texts, write the story elements being described, and then find the puzzle pieces that match.
Version 3: This version is identical to Version 2, except optional distractor puzzle pieces are included.
Directions for the different versions and recording sheets can be found following the puzzle pieces.
For the digital version, the students will read three texts per slide. They will identify the story element being described by each text and drag and drop it to the correct spot.
To make this story elements activity work in a digital format, the template has been modified and reimaged for optimal digital use.
This digital reading activity has been created for use with Google Slides. Please see the preview to see the digital story elements puzzles.
Need More Digital Reading Activities for 4th and 5th Grade?
- Self- Grading Digital Reading with Google Forms
- Digital Reading Activities for Grades 4-5
- 4th and 5th Grade Reading Intervention
- 4th and 5th Grade Digital Reading Review
- Digital Theme Activities
- Digital Inference Activities
- Digital Poetry Activities
- Digital Text Structure Activities
- Digital Color by Reading Activities
- Digital Reading Sorts
- Digital Reading Anchor Charts
- Digital Reading Flipbooks
- Digital Reading Notebooks