Story Elements - The Story Critic
This is a wonderful creation that is sure to keep your kids engaged and excited to read while you work on Common Core ELA Standards!
Hit everything from main idea, setting, problem/solution, author's purpose, sequencing, comparing/contrasting, predicting and SO MUCH MORE! Roll the story cubes to stimulate discussion about the story or use the Questioning Cards to dig deeper into the story!
37 different activities are included so that you don't have to use the same old flip book over and over!
Each section includes a teacher directions on how to use the activities in your classroom. It also has questions to use when you are focusing on each skill. These activities can be used with the whole class, small groups, reading groups, or in centers! The possibilities are endless!
This BIG packet includes:
* Anchor Charts – Use these to review story elements or print them out to post in the classroom. Use can also project them for the students to reference when they are working.
* Layered Flipbook – Create a flipbook to use with any story you read. See a picture of it in the preview.
* Questioning Cards – Use these colorful cards to ask common core questions to promote higher level thinking and dig deeper into the understanding of a story. The cards come in color and black/white.
* Story Cubes – These 2 different fun cubes add excitement to discussing a story. The cubes come in color and black/white.
* Analysis a Story – Explore the main idea, characters, setting, author’s purpose, identify the plot, and cite specific evidence from the story when you use these printables and flip books. Each section has a teacher suggestion page followed by different organizers, activities, and flipbooks to help your students master each skill.
These activities are sure to add some new excitement to your reading instruction!
The best part is that they can be used with any story! Use them over and over! Once a student understands the skill they cane easily use them on their own in stations or centers. They are also great for differentiated learning or early finishers.
Download the preview to see a sample of the pages included in the packet.
You might also like:
Reading Centers Made Easy
Grade 2 Math and Language Arts Test Bundle
Reading Games – Great for RTI
Singular and Plural Nouns
Types of Sentences
VERBS – Become a Verb Superhero!
Common and Proper Nouns
Visit My TPT Store
Come Collaborate with me!
Blog (Smith’s Safari Adventures – Tracy Smith)
Want to receive email updates when I post new products, freebies, and SALES? Click the green star at the top to start following my store!
© Tracy Smith 2017