Story Retell and Sequencing of Beginning, Middle, & End Short Stories & Writing
- Google Slides™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Here's everything you need to help your students with 3 picture sequencing, sequencing stories and sequencing writing. Keep your students engaged ALL YEAR while practicing with these story retell activities! This bundle will build confidence in your students with fun stories and sequencing pictures.Price $48.50Original Price $63.50Save $15.00
Do you have students who need some extra support with story sequencing? This story retell resource will engage students while they master retelling stories with a clear beginning, middle, and end. This leveled, LOW-PREP digital and printable resource will allow your students to develop a true understanding of how to retell a story using transition words and a logical sequence.
Don't miss out on this foundational story retell resource for easy teaching and easy planning, which will lead to effective learning.
Included in this resource are both COLOR & BW story retell activities for practice with story sequencing pictures, writing activities, visual supports, teaching posters and anchor charts, and graphic organizers.
Your students will get lots of opportunities to practice retelling familiar activities and high-interest stories.
▶️ Multi-modality based learning is an effective way to reach all students. That's why we encourage you and your students to watch our paired teaching video on how to retell a story for a complete lesson!
**After using this resource with the paired video teaching lesson your students will be able to story retell and sequence the beginning, middle, and end of stories and understand the importance of expressing or writing a story in order with less support from you!
Who is it for?
- Perfect for students in grades K-3
- Students who are beginning to learn how to retell stories
- Students who present with challenges in telling sequential stories
- Great for small group or whole class lessons and independent work
- Use within special education services and speech and language therapy sessions!
*PLEASE NOTE: This is a Google Slides™ resource. You can print the document from the Google Slide™ as a PDF or use it digitally.
✅ This product is best used alongside the How to Retell a Story video.
✅ DIGITAL and PRINTABLE resource activities include (COLOR & BW):
- Understanding Beginning, Middle, End
- Students will identify and label a familiar sequence using the word or visual representation for beginning, middle and end
- Picture Sequence and Retell
- Students will sequence 3 pictures of a familiar activity and then retell the sequence using the terms beginning, middle, and end
- Story Retell and Sequencing
- Students will listen to a simple (level 1) or more complex (level 2) story, sequence the pictures for that story, and retell the story using the terms beginning, middle, and end
- Writing a Story Retell From Pictures
- Students will retell a familiar activity by writing about the sequenced pictures
- A vocabulary and transition word list is provided
- Flapbook Story Retell and Sequencing Writing
- Level 1-Students will listen to or read the provided story and write a retell of the story on the provided organizer
- Level 2- Students will use the provided pictures to write their own story with a clear beginning, middle, and end. A retell organizer is also provided.
- Model examples are given for most activities
- Visual supports and graphic organizers
Story Retell and Sequencing Mega Bundle
Common Core State Standards
Thank you for hopping over to our store!
WANT FREE PRODUCTS?
✍️ TPT will give you credit for each review! Save up your credits to purchase products at a reduced rate or even get them for free! Just leap on over to your My Purchases page. Click the Provide Feedback button next to each product you have purchased and write a helpful review. We greatly appreciate your feedback. It helps us GRASP exactly what you are looking for in a resource.
Never miss one of our sales, freebies or new product reveals! Just click FOLLOW ME next to the star at the top of the store. You will be one of the first to hear about what’s happening in our store!
Grasshoppers make mistakes too! Please message us if you find any errors in this product and we will quickly make corrections. E-mail: email@example.com
Products created by GRASPhopper, © GRASPhopper 2021, All right reserved. This resource is bound by copyright laws. This purchase is for use in ONE classroom. Thank you!