Also included in
- Set your students up with year-long story-book retelling practice in a fun, engaging and easy to prep way! This bundle will provide your little learners picture supports, hands-on interaction and result in a meaningful craft for showing off all that hard retelling work!In this Craft and RETELL YEAR$91.00$180.25Save $89.25
Engage your little learners in hands-on story book retelling practice that will result in a meaningful craft that shows off all their hard retelling work. Not to mention, it will look precious displayed during the spring!
In this SPRING RETELL BUNDLE, you'll get access to 11 high-quality titles to sprinkle retell practice throughout the spring season. The kits are perfect for a fun mini lesson or a literacy center!
Activities Support these 10 Titles :
*NOTE: If you own the March and April Kits, you already own these*
- My Rainy Day Rocket Ship by Markette Sheppard
- The Good Egg by Jory John
- In a Jar by Deborah Marcero
- Little Red Fort by Brenda Maier
- Rocket Says, CLEAN UP by Nathan Bryon *great for Earth Day*
- Dandy by Ame Dyckman
- Bird Hugs by Ged Adamson
- Rocket Says, Look Up by Nathan Bryon
- Florette by Anna Walker
- The Bad Seed by Jory John
- The Great Egg Escape by Jory John + Pete Oswald
Included for EACH (10) Kit *consistent format* from kit to kit!
- 6-8 Story Cards for Chart (Color, BW) per kit
*Pocket Chart/Anchor Chart Headers: Title, BME, Characters/Setting
- Retelling Hand Sign
- Retelling Game
- Sequence Story Craft (1 Page Option or Layered Options) (+ Blank//LinedWriting Pages for attaching)
- Story Map (Characters/Setting/P&S)
- BME or First, Next, Last Graphic Organizer
- 1 page Foldable
- Sequence Printable Option
- Writing Prompt Page
This literacy kit supports the core (K-1) retelling standard by using detailed story cards for sequencing (retelling in their own words) and offers written retell practice as well as fine motor via the craftivity.
- Mini Lesson
- Literacy Center
- Whole Group Fun!
- Seasonal Read Alouds
K.6D | 1.7D Retell Texts in a way that Maintains Meaning (including characters, Setting, Problem Solution & Key Events in Chronological Order)
K.7C | 1.8c describe the elements of plot development, including the main events (BME), the problem, & the resolution for texts read aloud with adult assistance/independent 1st
COMMON CORE STANDARDS
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.K.2 With prompting and support, retell familiar stories, including key details.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.1.2 Retell stories, including key details
**** CUSTOMER TIPS!
Earn back TPT Credit$ toward FUTURE purchases! After purchasing, come back to this resource to review it via the Provide Feedback button. It's quick, easy and the best part - TPT gives you points back to use toward future purchases.
Interested in knowing about my new resources and discounts? Click here to follow my store to stay current on all the things & SALES!