You know those picture books with the worn out spines and the tattered pages? The ones that kids beg to hear again and again? With this collection of STEM activities, your students will not only get to listen to their favorite tales, they will have the chance to interact with them!
In this collection, students will be challenged to:
• Build a safer bed for Five Little Monkeys
• Design a tree sturdy enough for the alphabet letters in Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
• Construct a safe, but functional well for Tikki Tikki Tembo
• Assist The Very Hungry Caterpillar in wiggling through a piece of food
• Create a different kind of vehicle because they Don’t Let Pigeon Drive the Bus!
• Retrieve a coin for Alexander, Who Used to be Rich Last Sunday
• Build a boat so that Max can sail to Where the Wild Thngs Are
• Design a safe and sturdy way to carry Caps for Sale
Each activity comes with a sample photo, materials list for students and teacher, full color task card, teacher directions, and student recording page.