Who says that creative writing is just a fun “filler”?
With years of writing publishing and teaching under our belt, we know that creative writing, when used properly harnesses multiple transferable skills useful for essays, argument and research.
Use these 48 Story Starter Prompts
– simply laminate then cut up into strips.
You ALSO RECEIVE:
• Three pages of Story Starter Sentence Strips © - 48 story beginnings in all. One month of writing if you use 20 story starters, and reserve the rest for other activities. Two months if you use the entire product for daily writing activities.
• Common Core Anchor Standards for Story Writing
• Suggested tie-ins and Anchor Standards NOT NORMALLY associated with fiction writing, such as argument, explanatory, and research, complete with prompt suggestions and ideas (though you may choose your own prompts if you’d like). Students CAN write stories that include argument, and use research skills! We include which prompts are best suited, plus ideas.
Take writing where it ideally should go in the classroom, to a productive and fun place.
BUT THERE’s MORE!
• Cover Page and Preview.
• A friendly suggestion overview for how you can get the most out of this material, including lesson plan ideas. (3 pages).
• Directions on how to use (specific information, in addition to the daily and ultimate goal).
• How to Conduct the Workshop – for the instructor (2 Pages)
- How to Participate in a Workshop – for the Student (2 pages). Both of these traditionally come with the PerfettoWritingRoom© Product how to teach the workshop, but is also being provided here.
• *NEW – 2 RUBRICS for you to use as grade guides once students finish their stories.
• Poster – Why Creative Writing is the Best Part of a Writing Diet (freebie given in thanks to you, our customer).
Do you need writing or editing products? Please consider:
The Writer’s Workshop for High School an 8-Day, common Core Unit
Peer Edit & Workshop: Critical Thinking and Analysis Lessons with Samples
Characterization Master Course bundle and Analytical Essay! Grades 9-12
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the red star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺