Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Have you thought about "growing" a Storybook Pumpkin Patch in your library, but you're not sure where to start? Well, start here! You and your students will have so much fun this October as you teach them an important life skill about following the steps in planning a project using Super 3 (from Big 6).
- A full-color PowerPoint lesson about Super 3 in the context of teaching your students what to do if they want to create storybook pumpkins.
- A slide-by-slide script to follow -- or just for reference to get you started!
- Two versions of Super 3 planning sheets for students (K-1st and 2nd-6th)
- An editable note to parents about the project.
- “Nametags” for the pumpkins... these are the display sheets for the patch.
- Pumpkin Patch Grade Level Signs (PK-6th and one for teachers’ entries).
- A sheet with volunteer instructions (with space to create a map of your patch area.)
- Scoring sheets for pumpkin entries if you are making your event a contest.
- A note explaining my process for judging the pumpkins, if it's a contest.
- Volunteer tags (I reuse these every year. On the morning that all the pumpkins come in, the tags help my students find the parents who are helping me.)
- A “Storybook Pumpkin Patch” pennant decoration to print, cut out, and assemble.
- Ribbons/Bookmarks for 2018-2020 (There are black & white and color versions.)
- Treat Bag Toppers to make your volunteers’ a little thank you gift.
- A note full of tips from me about what to do when!
I'm betting that you and your students will LOVE "growing" a storybook pumpkin patch...and parents will love it, too! Coupled with a book fair, a pumpkin patch is a unique marketing tool that can really help bring parents and grandparents into your book fair -- increasing traffic AND sales! It's a win-win!
This resource is a culmination of my trials and errors over many years of pumpkin patch fun! I hope it saves you time, keeps you organized, helps your patch look pretty, and helps you ENJOY the process -- rather than letting it stress you out! Plus... you'll be covering an important life skill for kids!
If you're in a fall-ish, Halloween mood, don't miss my resource called "Who's Trick-or-Treating at My Door?" It's a fun game for library time! Mine love it so much that I save it for an end-of-class treat... if they've been especially good! :)
Follow That Library Girl to hear about new products, sales, and freebies!
- Login to TpT and click your username at the top.
- Find the “BUY” heading and click on your “MY PURCHASES” link.
- Under each purchase listing, find the “PROVIDE FEEDBACK” link.
- Click through the rating buttons and leave a quick, helpful comment.
- Each time you leave feedback, you'll earn one TpT credit.
- Earning 20 credits rolls over into a $1 credit to spend in any TpT store!
Thank you for taking time to offer resource feedback! I appreciate it so much! :)