Have you thought about "growing" a Storybook Pumpkin Patch in your library, but you're not sure where to start? Here's an idea...make it one of your lessons! Teach your K-6 students the Super 3 model (from Big 6) within the steps of planning a book character pumpkin project.
- A full-color PowerPoint lesson about storybook pumpkins and the Super 3 process.
For many years, parents have told me how impressed they are that their students
come home wanting to participate -- and that they KNOW how to make a plan and
- A slide-by-slide PowerPoint script to follow -- or to use as a reference.
- Two versions of my Super 3 planning sheets for students (K-1st and 2nd-6th).
- An editable note to parents about the pumpkin project.
- Display “name tags” for the pumpkins when they are being shared in your patch.
- Pumpkin Patch grade level signs (PK-6th and an extra one for teachers’ entries).
- Detailed volunteer instructions (with a space to create a "map" of your patch area.)
- Scoring sheets for pumpkin entries, if you are making your event a contest.
- A note explaining my process for judging the pumpkins, if it's a contest.
- Volunteer tags (I laminate and reuse these every year. On the morning that all of
the pumpkins come in, the tags help my students find the parents who are helping
me fill out display "name tags" and organize the patch areas.)
- A “Storybook Pumpkin Patch” pennant decoration to print, cut out, and assemble.
- Ribbons/Bookmarks for 2019-2020 (There are black & white and color versions.)
- Treat bag toppers to make your volunteers a little thank you gift.
- A note full of tips from me about what to do when!
I'm betting that you and your students will LOVE "growing" a storybook pumpkin patch together...and that your parents will love it, too! Coupled with a book fair, a pumpkin patch is a unique marketing tool that can REALLY help bring parents and grandparents into your book fair! Your patch will help with increasing traffic AND sales! It's a win-win! Plus, your students will be pointing to pumpkins and asking... do we have this book? Can I check it out?? (Even better!)
This resource is a culmination of my trials and errors over many years of pumpkin patch fun! I hope it saves you time, keeps you organized, helps your patch look pretty, and helps you ENJOY the process -- rather than letting it stress you out! Plus... you'll be covering an important life skill for kids... Super 3!
If you're in a fall-ish, Halloween mood, don't miss my resource called "Who's Trick-or-Treating at My Door?" It's a fun game for library time! My students love it so much that I save it for an end-of-class treat... if they've been especially good! :)
Follow That Library Girl to hear about new products, sales, and freebies!
- Login to TpT and click your username at the top.
- Find the “BUY” heading and click on your “MY PURCHASES” link.
- Under each purchase listing, find the “PROVIDE FEEDBACK” link.
- Click through the rating buttons and leave a quick, helpful comment.
- Each time you leave feedback, you'll earn one TpT credit.
- Earning 20 credits rolls over into a $1 credit to spend in any TpT store!
Thank you for taking time to offer resource feedback! I appreciate it so much! :)