Storytelling in the classroom is a highly engaging, magical experience for you and your students! Storytelling is a flexible time that can fit into any schedule. Your students will highly anticipate their turn to sit individually with you and tell you a story straight from their imagination, or from their lives - and then see it acted out by their peers!
Storytelling builds oral skills, allows students to think critically about plot sequencing, character traits, conflict and resolution, descriptive wording, character motivation and story elements that are foundational for students in the primary grades. Struggling writers finally get the opportunity to express themselves without being limited by writing ability. You will be amazed at how much confidence even the shyest students will build over the course of the year as they tell stories.
- This packet gives specific instructions on how to start the storytelling process in your classroom.
- "Story 1" through "Story 6" writing paper for teacher recording.
- Parent letter explaining the process and why it is important in your classroom.
- Book cover pages for your compilation of stories that you will have by the end of the year. This makes a great end-of-year gift!
- Common Core standards relating to storytelling on display cards.
- Binder spine & cover for your storytelling binder.
Feel free to contact me with any additional requests that you find yourself needing as you start storytelling: firstname.lastname@example.org
I know you'll love this amazing time of day with your students!!