This resource is included in a bundle! Student ♥ Engagement Bundle of Language Arts Lessons for Middle and High School
Adaptable for all age groups - is this standards-based ELA mini-unit, a week of lessons culminate in an event which is itself a daily standards-based lesson, and is designed to occur in-school on a regular day, during a regularly-scheduled class period. Smooth and simple!
Think of storytelling as half performance and half public speaking - with lots of fun thrown in. The week+ of engaging lesson material will prepare your students, as self-directed learners, to be highly organized, well-planned, and how to work cooperatively in groups. And they’ll be motivated to do so because of the enjoyment and authentic, real-life connection of the culminating performance assessment itself.
On day five (or whatever day you choose, if you wish to extend the unit) of the mini-unit, each of your classes conducts its own, separate set of group storytelling performances - all during their regular class periods. The performance assessment approach does not interfere with the normal schedule and routine and is particularly time-efficient. It should be organized so that 5-7 minutes is allowed for all stories to be told simultaneously. Then music plays to cue your student "audience" members to rotate to the next group of storytellers.
This packet contains a Student’s Guide, detailed teacher directions with “do and don’t” tips from my experiences, handouts, worksheets, graphic organizers, resource links, assessments, and rubrics to make teaching this mini-unit a breeze! Plus lots of extras just in case you need them. If not, save them for later review or another lesson! Win-Win!
Be sure and check out some of my other products! Just click on the handy links provided below. :-D
Categorized List of Products for You and Your Students to Love:
1. Making Inferences with Great Photographs and Short Reading Passages
2. Making Inferences with Great Photographs and Short Reading Passages 2
3. Making Inferences with Art
4. Explicit and Inferred Meanings Graphic Organizer
5. Five-Minute Inference Passage
Lessons with Song Lyrics
1. My Life Symbolized by Song Titles
2. Coldplay's "Violet Hill" Song Lyric Analysis Lesson
1. Ghost Hunt - Spooky & Motivational Informational Reading for Internet
2. The Twilight Zone "The Masks" Lesson
3. The Tale of the Monkey's Paw -- Scary and High Interest
4. "The Cask of Amontillado" Worksheet Assessment
1. Literary/Poetic Devices "Tab-shoo"
2. Literary Elements "Tab-shoo"
3. Characterization: Character Portrayal Game
4. "Name That Tone" - Author's Tone Game
5. Hangman Template (a step-by-step easy approach to the process of the game)
1. Creative Writing with Art Prompts
2. Create-Your-Own-Character Mini-Unit - Creative Writing
Thank you so much for visiting my store!