This unit, by Kim Adsit and Kim Jordano, provides lessons for you to incorporate a STEM activity with your read aloud. The first few pages give an overview of the steps you will need to take to successfully incorporate real world problems, identified in the literature, into a STEM activity.
There are 10 different selections of literature included:
1. The Three Pigs
2. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.
3. If the Shoe Fits by Allison Jackson
4. The Biggest, Best Snowman by Margery Cuyler
5. Who Sank the Boat? By Pamela Allen
6. Aaaarrghh! Spider by Lydia Monks
7. One Duck Stuck by Phyllis Root
8. Gorilla Loves Vanilla by Chae Strathie
9. Wishy Washy Day by Joy Cowley
10. Ten on the Sled by Kim Norman
For each book, there is a step by step guide to help you navigate through the activity. Color photos for each STEM activity are included as well. This will help “see” the activity in action. Necessary recording pages, reproducibles, and craftivities for each activity are included.
(c) 2018 - Kim Adsit and Kimberly Jordano. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for their own classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without permission in writing from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.