Storytown 5th Grade Themes 4-5-6 Half Year Bundle Supplemental Materials : This bundle combines 3 products into 1 for a great value!.
This bundle contains a variety of activities for each lesson in Themes 4, 5, and 6 from the fifth grade STORYTOWN book. These activities are designed to teach, re-teach, practice, or assess the lessons taught in these themes. All of the lessons from themes 4, 5, and 6 are included in this bundle. This product aligns with the 2008 version.
Included in this packet is the following:
Theme 4 – Finding a Way
• Lesson 16-“The School Story” , “How Anansi Gave the World Stories”
• Lesson 17- “Nothing Ever Happens on 90th Street”, “The Artist’s Eye”
• Lesson 18- “Project Mulberry ”, “Journey on the Silk Road”
• Lesson 19- “ Inventing the Future: A Photobiography of Thomas Alva Edison” , “Letter from Thomas Edison to Henry Ford”
• Lesson 20- “The Invention Convention” , “When Our Family Bands Together”
Theme 5 – Making a Difference
• Lesson 21- “Interrupted Journey: Saving Endangered Sea Turtles”, “Kids in Action”
• Lesson 22- “The Power of W.O.W.!”, “Got a Problem? Get a Plan!”
• Lesson 23- “Any Small Goodness: A Novel of the Barrio” , “The Ant and the Dove; The Lion and the Mouse”
• Lesson 24- “ Chester Cricket’s Pigeon Ride” , “Central Park”
• Lesson 25 - “The Compassion Campaign” , “How Beaver Stole Fire”
Theme 6- Feats of Daring
• Lesson 26- “Lewis and Clark”, “Hupa and Yurok Baskets”
• Lesson 27- “Klondike Kate”, “Sourdough”
• Lesson 28- “ The Top of the World” , “On Top of the World”, “The Top 5 Highest U.S. Mountains and Top 5 Highest Mountains in the World
• Lesson 29- “The Man Who Went to the Far Side of the Moon”, “The Space Race”
• Lesson 30- “Exploring the Gulf Coast”, “The Louisiana Purchase”
Included for each lesson’s anthologies are the following:
• Crossword Puzzles( Vocabulary Development)
• Answer Keys for Crossword Puzzle (Vocabulary Development)
• Word Banks for Crossword Puzzles (Vocabulary Development)
• CLOZE (fill in the blank) worksheets (Vocabulary Development)
• Writing Templates (Stationary) associated with each story and skill being taught such as “Personal Narrative, Persuasive Essays, Summaries, Poetry, etc.
• Task Cards or grammar worksheets in some lessons
• Common Core Essential Questions in some lessons
Here is some more description and detail for some of the content that is included in this packet:
We have developed writing “templates” for many of the writing opportunities found within these lessons. In our classrooms we use these writing templates in a variety of ways. They can be used for assessment to monitor student development in all areas of vocabulary and writing. We also use these pieces of student writing for the bulletin boards in the classroom to always have current student writing shown tied directly to the current anthology or lesson you are teaching. These pieces of writing can also be saved for a writing portfolio to show writing progress on various genres of student writing as they grow throughout the year, and shown at Open House.
Grammar and Word Work-
We have developed worksheet activities to practice some of the grammar skills taught within each theme. These worksheets can also be used for assessment purposes.
We have developed a variety of “Essential Questions” for the passages to promote higher level thinking, citing examples and evidence, and align with Common Core Practices.
Each product in this bundle can be purchased separately but purchased together are a great value.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Please click on the titles below to view each product individually
Storytown 5th Grade Theme 4 "Dare To Be Great" Supplemental Materials
Storytown 5th Grade Theme 5 “Making A Difference” Supplemental Materials
Storytown 5th Grade Theme 6 “Feats of Daring” Supplemental Materials
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Storytown 5th Grade Theme 1 "Finding A Way" Supplemental Materials
Storytown 5th Grade Theme 2 "Common Goals" Supplemental Materials
Storytown 5th Grade Theme 3 "Go With the Flow" Supplemental Materials
Social Studies Research Report Bundle
Animal Report and Insect Report Bundle
Earthquake – Volcano – Planet Research Report Bundle
Animal Report Packet for Primary Grades
Planet Research Report
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Autobiography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Digestive and Excretory System Research Report (For Elementary Grades)
Thirteen Colonies Regional Inquiry Based Research Report
Common Core Circulatory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
Common Core Respiratory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
President Report Packet
Country Report Packet
Volcano Research Report
Polar Animal Research Report for Elementary Grades
Dinosaur Research Report
Insect Research Report
Amphibian Research Report
Ocean Animal Research Report
Earthquake Research Report
Reptile Research Report
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright 2015 The Teacher Team
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Commercial License Number 1012173667
“Graphics &/or Fonts Copyright Dianne J. Hook.” www.djinkers.com
Background Paper from “Teachers Toolkit”… please see their store www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teachers-Toolkit
Ribbons frames by Teacher’s Gumbo
Pastel polka dot border created by Katie Thomson, check out her store on TPT
Borders by Krista Wallden, check out her store on TPT
Borders by Dancing Crayon Designs, check out her TPT store
Basket Weave borders made by JessCabral, a Seller on TPT… check out her store.
Square Polka Dot border by Ashley Hughes, Seller on TPT… check out her store.
World map image found and credit given to outling-world-map.com
DISCLAIMER: These materials were prepared by The Teacher Team and have neither been developed, reviewed, nor endorsed by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company, publisher of the original [component] work on which this material is based.