Activities for the following Storytown Grade 1 lessons:
Lesson 4: late, oh, yes
Lesson 5: find, much, thank
Lesson 6: how, make, of, some
-Color, Trace, & Write
- Read & Highlight - Students will read words in a frame and highlight the ones that are high frequency words for that lesson.
- Highlight & Write - Students will read sentences and highlight high frequency words. Then they will copy their favorite sentence and draw a picture of it.
- Spin, Say, & record! - Students will spin the spinner using a pencil and paper clip. They will say the word they land on and write it on the chart until it’s filled up! Can be played individually or in pairs.
- CVC or HFW? Sorting Page - Students will read the words at the bottom of the page and write them under either HFW or CVC words.
- Collective Game - High Frequency Word Board Game: Fill ‘Er Up! - Students will play this game in partners or small groups. One board game per group and each player needs their own Color Board. All you need is dice and game pieces. Roll the dice, say the word you land on, and color that word on your Color Board. First one’s to be filled up wins!