Activities for the following Storytown lessons high frequency words:
Lesson 1: help, let’s now
Lesson 2: in, no, too
Lesson 3: get, home, hold, so, soon
-Color, Trace, & Write
- Read & Highlight - Students will read words in a frame and highlight the ones that are high frequency words for that lesson.
- Highlight & Write - Students will read sentences and highlight high frequency words. Then they will copy their favorite sentence and draw a picture of it.
- Spin, Say, & record! - Students will spin the spinner using a pencil and paper clip. They will say the word they land on and write it on the chart until it’s filled up! Can be played individually or in pairs.
- CVC or HFW? Sorting Page - Students will read the words at the bottom of the page and write them under either HFW or CVC words.
- Collective Game - Flower Flip! - Students can play with a partner. Put the cards face down. Flip a card and if you can say it, you get to keep it! Player with the most wins. Record your words on the recording sheet.