As part of the new Grade 6 Ontario Social Studies curriculum, this resource explores Chinese Canadians past and present. It includes:
1) Timeline: Moments in Chinese History
2) Timeline: History of Immigration Assignment (with rubric)
3) Who Were the Chinese Canadians?
4) Hold On Wait A Minute - Journal Entries (5)
5) Building the Canadian Pacific Railway
6) Chinese Way of Life
7) Chinese Culture (Language, food, festivals)
8) Chinese Festivals Assignment (with rubric)
9) Pacific Mall (Toronto)
10) Pacific Mall Advertisement (Rubric)
11) Vancouver and Asians (news article excerpt for discussion)
12) Chinese Canadian Profile Assignment (with Rubric)
If you have purchased the Grade 6 Ontario Social Studies Curriculum - Heritage and Canadian Community - DO NOT PURCHASE THIS. This is merely A UNIT SOLD SEPARATELY.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
•Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
•Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store.