This lab explores what solutions effectively prevent mold growth on strawberries. Your students will learn:
• The scientific process
• Recording and interpreting data
• What environments are conducive to mold growth
This lab can serve as a starting point for lessons about:
• How fungi and plants differ
• Seeds vs. spores
• Ecosystems (especially decomposers)
• Many other science skills, concepts, and subjects
Includes lab sheets, data sheets, and graph.
SOL 5.1 Scientific Process
The lab was developed for 5th grade but can be used for upper elementary through high school. Use this lab in conjunction with our Scientific Process reader or in any unit that covers plants, ecosystems, decomposers, cells, or fungi.
Use Sciensanity labs to create engaging, yet simple, classroom experiments for your class or homeschool. Bring science alive with Sciensanity's activities and readers!