PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Using story books in intervention is a great way to increase students' language skills; building vocabulary, story structure knowledge and sequencing skills, among others. Adapting and modifying materials used with grade level stories ensures that students with language disorders can access the general education curriculum.
This resource contains activities for use with the book "Strega Nona" with children who need visual supports, language scaffolding, picture based communication and similar differentiated needs.
It can be used in general ed and special ed classes.
• Shared reading Before-During-After language activity ideas for 4-5 days/sessions,
• Comprehension, prediction, and inference questions,
• Vocabulary activities,
• Sequencing activities,
• Story element template and story retelling,
• Working with Words activities including phonological awareness skills ,
• A picture communication board,
• supporting Social Studies activities including cultural and geography tie-ins,
• Science tie-ins revolving around the food plate,
• Math tie-in for charting,
• an Art activity, and