Also included in
- This accent modification bundle includes no-prep activities for everything you need to build your students’ confidence in communicating: prosody activities for stress and intonation, idioms reading passages with activities, irregular past tense verbs lesson, and articulation lists with minimal pairsPrice $12.20Original Price $20.50Save $8.30
These no-prep activities for ESL, fluency, and voice students include activities for syllable stress, word stress, intonation, and conversation starters for generalization practice. These word, sentence, and paragraph lists plus tips and activities are age-appropriate for high school students and adults with prosody deficits. Answer keys and a data sheet are also included.
This complete set includes:
- Strategies to determine which syllables and words are stressed
- Syllable stress sorting activity (50 words to sort into 7 stress pattern categories)
- Graphic organizers for words with suffixes and words that do not follow typical stress rules
- 25 practice sentences and 2 practice paragraphs for syllable stress, word stress, and intonation
- 10 practice sentences with words that have different stress patterns depending on whether it is used as a noun or a verb
- 15 age-appropriate conversational topics for practice generalizing all areas of prosody
- Answer keys and data sheet for activities and sentences
This set of exercises is your one-stop shop for teaching prosody. It is appropriate English Language Learners (ELL) including accent modification clients and for students who are readers with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), childhood apraxia of speech (CAS), and stuttering and therefore struggle with inflection and stress. It will take you through all the stages of learning different aspects of prosody to cut down on prep time!
Here is the link to the website mentioned in the product for the syllable stress activity.
Please follow my store to find more of my resources.