The Stressed to the Max Performance Task Unit includes everything that you need to implement this week long performance task and addresses several Common Core State Standards. It focuses on a topic that all students will be able to easily relate to-stress and how it affects children and teens. This product combines close reading strategies with two informational texts and the PEEL writing strategy to help guide students through the research and writing process.
The ZIP file includes a PDF document that contains all handouts and materials for this unit for an easy to print experience. In addition, there is a folder than contains editable documents in case you need to adjust anything to better fit the needs of your students. I have also included a 47 slide presentation that you can use to help guide your lessons each day. 9 of the slides in the presentation are editable so that you can adjust or edit slides from the presentation.
By purchasing this unit, you get the following:
1. Stressed to the Max Performance Task Documents- An information cover page along with graphic organizers and handouts for Tasks #1-6 [Close reading and PEEL writing strategy organizers are included]; Students will research to identify what stress is and read about Chinese students' who experience extreme stress while preparing for the Gaokao. They will use this information to make connections between themselves and Chinese students.
2. Short Assessment-This assessment includes four multiple choice questions and one constructed response question. The multiple choice questions focus on main ideas and supporting details. An answer key is also provided.
3. Teacher Models- Teacher models for Tasks #3-6 are included in this product so that students will have examples of high quality products for those tasks.
4. Research Links- I have also included a list of additional research materials that can be utilized for this performance task.
5. Rubric- I have included an 8 point writing rubric with this unit that you can use to assess the students' final drafts [Content and Style].
6. Presentation- This 47 slide presentation is designed to help guide you and your students through this 5 day lesson. It includes learning targets, self reflection questions, and more. In addition, there are 9 slides that you can customize to fit your needs or if you need to adjust the pace of the lessons to better suit your students.
Please download the product preview to see exactly what you will be getting when you purchase this product!