Also included in
- This bundle includes my online unit and my printable unit for molecules and atoms. These units have different activities, but they address the same standards. This resource is for someone that needs both printable materials and Google app materials to teach about molecules and atoms. These two res$8.13$12.70Save $4.57
- This bundle covers the Middle School Science DCI Matter and Its Interactions. Students will learn all the particles and molecules that form matter and how heat energy and chemical reactions affect matter. This resource has amazing labs that students will love! Save 20% by purchasing these items toge$23.36$36.50Save $13.14
- Utah SEEd 6.2 Strand, Physical Science: Students will learn about heat transfer, chemical reactions, particle motion, and density in this physical science bundle. This resource covers all of the 6.2 standards for Utah SEEd. Purchase here and save 20% on the individual resources.Included in this bun$36.74$57.40Save $20.66
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 8th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 8th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 8th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources w$78.88$123.25Save $44.37
- 50% off for the first 24 hours. This is a bundle for 7th Grade: NGSS California Integrated Model. This bundle covers the PEs and standards for NGSS for 7th-grade in California. Purchase of this bundle will save you 20% on these science resources. the state. if California has divided the Middle Schoo$77.60$121.25Save $43.65
- The Middle School Science Bundle addresses all the DCIs for Middle School NGSS. This is a huge resource that addresses the complete NGSS Middle School Curriculum for grades 6th, 7th and 8th grade. This is a growing bundle and I will add new resources to it as they are created. Save 20% by purchasing$241.63$375.05Save $133.42
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 6th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 6th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 6th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources w$86.47$120.10Save $33.63
Molecules and atoms have a specific structure. Students will learn about these structures and will make models of them. Students will learn about atoms, elements, molecules, and compounds. They will learn about the Periodic Table of Elements.
This resource includes:
- a slide show
- interactive notebook flaps
- a hands-on activity in which students make models using easy-to-find materials such as toothpicks and marshmallows.
- a quiz
- answer keys
This resource is a printable unit meant to be used in face-to-face instruction. If you are looking for an online Google Unit on the same standards and topic please see Atoms, Molecules and Compounds Distance Learning NGSS MS-PS1-1, Utah SEEd 6.2.1
This resource is aligned with NGSS MS-PS1-1. Develop models to describe the atomic composition of simple molecules and extended structures.[Clarification Statement: Emphasis is on developing models of molecules that vary in complexity. Examples of simple molecules could include ammonia and methanol. Examples of extended structures could include sodium chloride or diamonds. Examples of molecular-level models could include drawings, 3D ball and stick structures, or computer representations showing different molecules with different types of atoms.][Assessment Boundary: Assessment does not include valence electrons and bonding energy, discussing the ionic nature of subunits of complex structures, or a complete description of all individual atoms in a complex molecule or extended structure is not required.] and
Utah SEEd Standard 6.2.1
Develop models to show that molecules are made of different kinds, proportions, and quantities of atoms. Emphasize understanding that there are differences between atoms and molecules and that certain combinations of atoms form specific molecules. Examples of simple molecules could include water (H2O), atmospheric oxygen (O2), and carbon dioxide (CO2). (PS1.A)
Utah SEEd 8.1.1 Develop a model to describe the of atoms and molecules. Emphasize developing atomic models of elements and their numbers of protons, neutrons, and electrons, as well as models of simple molecules. Topics like valence electrons, bond energy, ionic complexes, ions, and isotopes will be introduced at the high school level. (PS1.A)
Save money and purchase as part of this bundle: Matter and Its Interactions
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
If you have questions about my resources please contact me at email@example.com