Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.93 MB | 17 pages
Get your students thinking critically and creatively about poetry, and specifically the role of structural techniques, with this lesson plan.
- Warm-up with a short exercise that 'turns the brain on' while connecting to core concepts in the lesson
- Apply new vocabulary terms to the same poem
- Investigate the etymology of vocabulary terms, thinking about word parts, changes to the English language, and skills to decode variations of new vocabulary (e.g., quatrain, pentameter, couplet)
- Analyze a concrete poem as part of a group, identifying the writer's intention and strategies
- Complete a creative writing exercise to develop a concrete poem
- Guide critical thinking with careful questions
- Facilitate activities with clear, step-by-step instructions
- Model vocabulary-rich and evidence-driven analysis with answers to all prompts
- Lead problem-solving and language decoding skills with an interactive presentation