This packet is a companion piece to the "Structure of poetry" lessons. The full series is designed to introduce middle and high school students to foundational concepts in poetry with interdisciplinary methods.
The packet includes
- 11 core vocabulary words and definitions: students can use in discussion, writing and homework
- 27 poems representing diverse writers who use concrete poems, haiku, sonnets and creative rules in free verse to highlight themes
- A poem fully broken down to show how 7 vocabulary words apply to the poet's choices
- These 16 pages include all the paper materials students need in class for the lesson series of about one week. It can replace a notebook or binder, and simplify a secondary student's life.
- This curated collection reflects poems that are accessible and challenging for the average middle or high school reader who needs guidance to foray into poetry beyond Dr. Seuss.