- All 3 Units included in this bundle: Structures, Processes, and Interactions of Organisms, , Ecosystems, and Biomes. Buy all 3 together in this bundle and save. A variety of engaging activities included: Structures, Processes, and Interactions of Organisms Activity 1: Life Cycles: Students wor$16.00$20.00Save $4.00
- This bundle includes 11 units for teaching science all year long! We all struggle to find time to fit science in; use these quick and easy units to engage your students in a variety of science inquiries and activities. Aligned to current science standards. These units are appropriate for grades 3$47.12$59.30Save $12.18
- This is it!!! Your entire 3rd grade year of science. By teaching these 7 units and 2 science reading activities, you will be covering all of the 3rd grade content standards of the Next Generation Science Standards, as well as the engineering standards for grades 3-5. Each unit is packed full of i$40.40$50.50Save $10.10
- This bundle includes a hands on inquiry unit as well as a PowerPoint to support the content and vocabulary of the unit. This product is aligned to 3rd Grade NGSS, but it is appropriate for grades 3-5.Included in the hands on unit:Activity 1: Life Cycles: Students work cooperatively to figure out$11.20$14.00Save $2.80
- This product has everything you need to teach the Next Generation Science Standards for 3rd Grade. Included in this product are 6 hands on units that teach all of the NGSS standards for 3rd grade, as well as PowerPoints to support each of the hands on units. A bonus implementation guide is also i$59.60$74.50Save $14.90
- Product Description
This unit engages students in inquiry-based activities to help them gain a conceptual understanding of life cycles, animals benefits from living in groups, adaptations and natural selection. Many opportunities for data collection and analysis are embedded in the mini unit allowing teachers to integrate math standards. Aligned to Next Generation Science Standards. Appropriate for grades 3-5.
Activity 1: Life Cycles: Students work cooperatively to figure out the life cycles of three different organisms.
Activity 2: Animal Groups Poster Reports: Student research different animals and learn about the groups they live in. After their research, they organize a poster to share. An optional grading rubric is included as well as an extension activity about humans and groups.
Activity 3: What Butterfly? Students examine environments and then create an insect that can camouflage well in the chosen environment. Class data is collected and analyzed.
Activity 4: Classifying Camouflage: This inquiry-based activity allows students to classify pictures and descriptions of animals based on the type of camouflage they use.
Activity 5: Butterfly Islands: In this activity students will simulate being birds and eating butterflies from different colored islands. Extensions to the idea of natural selection are made. Opportunities for data collection and analysis are included.
Activity 6: My Beak is Better Than Yours!: Students will test different “beaks” and their suitability for different food.
Word Wall Cards and Activities.
Post Test and Grading Rubric
Please leave feedback (You can earn TpT credits for future purchases) and consider following my store! Thanks!
This product is also available as part of a bundle with Ecosystems and Biomes. Check it out for savings:
Do you teach 3rd grade and follow NGSS? This product is also available in a 3rd grade Entire Year Bundle covering all NGSS standards for 3rd grade. Check it out here:
If you like this download, you might also like these products: