This PowerPoint gives students a basic understanding of the structures and functions of a plant stem. A nice feature of this PowerPoint, is the embedded questions to check for comprehension of content being presented.
By the end of this PowerPoint, students will be to do the objectives below.
1. Name the tissues that develop from shoot apices and the meristems from which they derived.
2. Identify the differences between primary and secondary tissues.
3. Describe the functions of vascular cambium, cork cambium, stomata and lenticels
4. Explain the developmental differences of dicot and monocot stems.
5.Describe the composition of wood including annual rings, sapwood, heartwood and bark.
6. Compare and contrast functions of rhizomes, stolons, tubers, bulbs corms, cladophylls and tendrils.
7. Provide examples of human uses of wood and stems.
The preview file will give buyer a clear insight to this PowerPoint.