This highly engaging and informative double lesson (around 1.5 to 2 hours of teaching materials) helps students to build skills in demonstrating appropriate, sophisticated, and original structures in their writing, and provides them with theories and techniques to help them to organise their writing adequately.
I wrote this lesson because I noticed that there are an extremely high volume of students that approach extended writing tasks (even in their GCSEs) with practically no sense of organisation. Even though they have clearly learnt a number of writing techniques from their teachers, their writing can be extremely short, repetitive, and in some cases the topic is confused. This lesson aims to address each of those issues.
- What structure and organisation mean;
- Narrative structure theory and 'plot mountain;'
- How time order can effect a creative text;
- How to expand using the five key senses;
- How and when to use paragraphing;
- Plan for their own extended piece of writing;
Included are all worksheets, and detailed and visual PowerPoint presentation, which explains each concept clearly, and a lesson plan for teacher guidance.
You can buy this product alone, or as a part of the Descriptive Writing Big Bundle, for even better value!