This resource is intended to be used as an individual conference with students in your class. This is to be used as a formative OR summative assessment.
Why use this?
This short conference gives you an insight into your students’ thinking and understanding of mental math strategies. This conference gives you data about a student’s thinking process when answering such questions.
What do I do with the data?
The data you get from this resource will help you in many ways!
1. If given as a pre-assessment for your unit, you will know how to group your students for Guided Math, and which students to target for certain strategies.
2. Track the growth of your students by conferencing every few weeks!
3. Use this conference for setting goals with individual students
4. Use this to help send home strategy-specific homework for your students’ individual needs
5. This will give a great insight to writing your Math report card comments.