STUDENT CREATED Word Problem Sentence Stem CGI Frames for Multiplication and Division – Set 3
Please see the preview.
These mad-lib type frames have started some of the best math conversations around my classroom. Students love to see their own names on task cards and they love to challenge their friends as they create their own word problems. The cards provide gentle guidelines while encouraging critical thinking and creativity.
Included in Each Sentence Stem Set:
1. Sentence frames on regular sized task cards (4 to a page) with patterned background (which works well in printer friendly setting too).
2. A foldable flap for students to hide their answers and the creators name on the back (or use a class list).
3. Trading card size problems without discernible marks. This way the teacher may opt to mix division and multiplication sets and allow students to use critical thinking to decode.
4. Full page size for teacher model.
5. Completed sample problems.
6. Bonus: Illustration page for story problems.
7. 40 numbered cards and four without numbers.
8. Extra numbered cards (blank circles for a number) – These let students who have spilled, or accidentally torn a card to renumber a blank card.
9. Several choices for student responses.
10. Teaching hints.
This set is
Set 3. Group size (container) unknown (EGSC) B = N x A or B ÷ N =A
The seven types of CGI (Cognitively Guided Instruction) problems for multiplication/division are included in the bundle. Each set has a slightly different background pattern and is coded with initials (in parentheses).
1. Equal Groups – whole unknown (EWU) A x B = N
2. Equal Groups – group size unknown (EGS) B = N x A or B ÷N=A
3. Group size (container) unknown (EGSC) B = N x A or B ÷ N =A
4. Equal number of groups unknown (ENG) B = A x N or B ÷ A = N
5. Comparing – products unknown (CPU) A x B = N
6. Compare set size unknown (CSSU) B = N x A or B ÷ N = A
7. Compare Multiplier unknown (CMU) B = A x N or B ÷ A = N
Bundle Mult/Div Frames - all 7 sets The BUNDLE includes:
12/4/18 Frames that fell off the page when saved as pdf have been fixed.
Addition and Subtraction Version for CGI student created word problems: Sentence Frames for CGI add and subtract
Thank you for visiting my store.