*These checklists are great for students who struggle to pay attention or stay on task in class. They break up what these students need to accomplish throughout the day into a simple, manageable list for each subject or class. Students can track their progress in accomplishing these tasks and earn rewards for completing items on the checklist.
1) Adapt the checklists to your class schedule and assignments.
2) Print the checklists. (I print them on cardstock, cut them out, and laminate them. Then I hole punch the corner of each card and connect them with a ring.)
3) Give the checklists to the student, explain the procedure, and set up rewards and consequences. (For example: For every 5 checks you get, you can… If you miss 3 checks in a row, you will need to…)
4) Have the student place a check next to each item they complete on the checklists (with a dry erase marker if they are laminated).
5) The student should check in with you at the end of each subject/checklist.
6) Reward the student as soon as they meet their goal. Enforce consequences if the student is not completing the checklist.
7) Continue this throughout the day. At the end of each day, note how the student did, and erase the checklist for the next day.