Also included in
- This is a bundle of all of my interactive bulletin boards, presentations, and quizzes for my "Is it a musician or a famous poet?" line of products. It includes the following resources:TUPAC or SHAKESPEAREQUEEN or EMILY DICKINSONGREEN DAY or WALT WHITMANTAYLOR SWIFT OR ROBERT FROSTED SHEERAN OR EDGAR$48.60$62.00Save $13.40
Students love my interactive poetry & Shakespeare bulletin boards and presentations, so it's only fitting to let them get in on the action, right!? Plus, it is a perfect (and sneaky) way to have them read HUGE volumes of text and have fun while doing it! The possibilities are endless and it's an activity you can use year after year without it becoming dated!
In this project-based learning activity, students will choose a musician (singer, rapper, rock group, boy band, etc.) and a poet (or any author you wish). They will read multiple songs and poems by each to come up with a set amount of quotes for comparison in a fun presentation. Bonus learning objective: Students will learn how to quote directly from the text! They will use the provided template and handouts (ALL EDITABLE!) to guide them. I've also included an editable rubric for grading.
The zipped folder contains:
• 38-slide editable PowerPoint presentation,
• 2-page editable student handout,
• 1-page editable grading rubric,
• 1-page PDF list of online resources for lyrics and poems,
• 6-page PDF with teaching objectives, Common Core Standards alignment, teacher directions, Google Drive link for an optional online project, student handouts, and rubric.
NOTE: Students will need access to the internet to read song lyrics, unless you have access to lyrics in print. **This activity may not be for younger students if you do not wish for them to come across inappropriate lyrics.**
This is included in my Interactive Bulletin Board & Presentations Bundle!
Created and copyrighted by Tracee Orman